In accordance with California, Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia and Utah law, eligible state residents have several rights with regard to personal information, also known as personal data, that is collected by businesses.
If you are an eligible resident of a state that grants its residents certain privacy rights, you have the following rights, subject to certain exceptions:
(1) Right to Access: You have the right to request access to the personal information maintained by Kia about you. This includes the right to request disclosure of the categories of personal information and specific pieces of personal information that Kia has collected about you. In response to requests for the categories, we will provide the categories of personal information we collected, the categories of sources from which we collected the personal information, our business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling or sharing the personal information, the categories of third parties to whom we sold, shared or disclosed the categories of personal information for a business purpose, and the business or commercial purpose for which we sold, shared or disclosed the categories of personal information.
(2) Right to Delete: You have the right to request that Kia delete any personal information about you that Kia has collected. Kia may decline to delete certain types of personal information about you in accordance with applicable law.
(3) Right to Correct: You have the right to request that Kia correct inaccuracies in the personal information it maintains about you, taking into account the nature of the personal information and the purposes of the processing of your personal information.
(4) Right to Opt-Out of Sale: If Kia sells personal information about you to third parties, you have the right to request that Kia not sell your personal information.
(5) Right to Opt-Out of Sharing/Targeted Advertising: If Kia processes your personal information for the purpose of targeted advertising, you have the right to request that Kia not process your personal information for such purpose.
(6) Right to Opt-Out of Profiling: If Kia processes your personal information for profiling purposes, you have the right to request that Kia not process your personal information for such purposes.
(7) Right to Limit Use and Disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information: If you are a resident of California, you have the right, in certain circumstances, to limit how Kia uses and discloses your sensitive personal information.
(8) Right to Appeal: You have the right to appeal Kia’s decision with regard to your request to exercise any privacy rights described herein.
Information provided with your request will only be used to process your request or as otherwise permitted under applicable law.
If you have visited our websites, we may have collected information about the device you used to engage with our websites. Such information may not be tied to other personal information (such as your name, postal address, email address, etc.) that Kia holds about you, and we therefore may not be able to associate the information with you. You may exercise your privacy rights for device-level data by engaging with the consent management platform displayed when you enter our websites.